I was nominated by Kevin Reinholz who is a writer friend of mine. So check out his site
1. If you are nominated, congratulations – you have been awarded the Versatile blogger award!
2. Thank the person who gave you the award and include a link to their blog.
3. Select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
4. Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
5. Tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
7 Things about me
- I am chronically ill. I have fibromyalgia, chronic migraine, and a vestibular disorder. And this makes writing and blogging a challenge But it is also a great pain distraction and a passion. I am on leave from work at the moment because of the vestibular issues
- I am a bit of a nerd. I have a Masters in Philosophy. I know, I know, how useful is that? But before my chronic pain got worse it was my intention to go for my Ph.D. It was difficult to get through my Masters with the unmanaged pain I knew I couldn’t continue my studies. I know a lot of weird random facts. I love to read and explore knowledge I do not know. I have a high IQ which runs in the family so it has always been a real normalized thing. But not arrogant or a know-it-all. Just know weird things, man. I have an INTP personality so yeah, in my head so much I am pretty oblivious to things around me. I don’t know if IQ really matters much at all in the scheme of things (like maybe our fluid intelligence is a better measure and that isn’t even counting the importance of EQ) but I am definitely a nerd. I LOVED university and just delving into all these new subjects.
- I was born in Alberta, Canada. And I am still here even though it is winter for 10 months out of the year. This year we skipped Autumn and went right into winter. And I don’t like winter. What a weird thing for a Canadian, eh?
- I am a bit of a geek. I love new tech. I have a love for fantasy fiction and science fiction movies. And fantasy fiction books. I used to collect comics but when 18 couldn’t afford both comic reading And books, so I went with books. So I love Marvel movies. I love Marvel altogether. DC is all right, I never used to collect them and their movies are not quite as good. But I will watch them, yes I will.
- I am a goof. Yeah, I will do a funny dance for a laugh. I will make a joke in just about every chat I have with anyone. I have a well-developed sense of humour for so many things. Some silly things. And I laugh a lot. A whole lot. I have a unique laugh that I used to call a feminine chuckle. But it is a giggle, which is offensive to my sense of self but true. And people will come out of the woodwork when they hear it because it is unique and they know I am in the vicinity.
- A quirk that you might now know is that I am very double-jointed. So, for example, I can bend my elbows backwards and I used to, as a child, freaking people out with this talent. I am double-jointed in many places. Once I had seriously sprained my foot from running up the stairs and stepping on my own foot. As in it folded and I stepped on it. The doctor said that if I wasn’t so double jointed it would have broken a lot of little bones in there. But it also makes me insanely clumsy. Like falling on a crack in the side-walk or tripping over my feet. That sort of thing.
- Obviously, I love writing. And blogging. It is a passion of mine. I do a lot of content creation and social media for the blogs and really have fun with that sort of thing. I write only fantasy fiction, like I read. And I just write because I am constantly inspired and the stories just consume me until I get them down on paper. I hope to make a living at it, like just enough to live on, but that is a hard thing to do. I have a health blog as well brainlessblogger.net.
So there are some facts about me. And you know I am a little weird. And I am cool with that. Who wants to be normal? What is normal? Normal seems like a scary thing for a person to be. We are all quirky in our own special ways and that is cool.
Tagged Bloggers who are versatile and interesting. And they can respond to this, or not, either is cool.
Roger Albert: Always the Sociologist (and my awesome uncle) And his Art Blog
Hello Fibro Blog
Down The Rabbit Hole
Counting my Spoons
M. Dalto author
Natalie Manfield Author
Gerry Albert Photos (also an uncle and a damn good photographer)
Okay, that is all I can think of at the moment. But all great ones to check out. Some are new to me as I met the writers on twitter. Some are chronic illness bloggers I follow.