Today is Canadian Thanksgiving. I actually had it yesterday at my house for the very first time and it was wonderful. I am still full. I ate two pieces of pie. I gained 20 pounds. It was a team effort from my mom, my spouse, and small wee things by me (So I don’t implode the turkey or anything).
Anyway, it is a time to think about what you are, in fact, thankful for.
- That I could spend time with my family and cook this time at my house. Which made me feel good because mom always cooks for all of us. Doing it this time was fun.
- That the world hasn’t yet imploded into World War III, yet
- That we do not have Trump as prime minister, but I do really feel bad for my American friends on that one. Then if they get rid of him… Pence. So… there is that.
- That aliens have not attacked and eaten our livers yet. I mean, maybe they are here and taking liver samples, but they have yet to mass invade for our tasty parts.
- That I seem to be making it through day 2 of quitting smoking (yet again). And man it is so hard I need a smoke from all this stress or at the very least to pick up a secondary bad habit like heroin to calm me down.
- That it hasn’t snowed yet. Well, it did for a week. And it is quite a bit colder than usual. But it is not a foot of snow and -30 C yet.
- I am thankful for a roof over my head and food in my gut. Being disabled means being financially unstable… and at for the last year sub-zero.
- I am thankful that I am an introverted nerd. I enjoy that about myself.
- I am thankful my spouse is hardworking and very compassionate to others. Always willing to lend a hand.
- I am thankful for the endless support I get from my mom due to my illness. She actually drives me to mu 801 000 appointments because I can’t due to vertigo.
- I am thankful the world is round otherwise we would all fall off of it.
- I am thankful for Slurpees in hot weather or not.
- I am very thankful for pizza. Especially with pineapple which is a true and awesome topping.
- I am thankful for good neighbours
- I am thankful for the life I live even though the pain and such is really difficult… I wouldn’t be me without it.
Well, I think naming 15 things I am thankful for is pretty good really. Usually, I am just thankful for a damn fine nap, a kitten cuddle, and finishing a chapter. Oh, and a fine cup of tea.