We all have to have goals. So what are yours for next month or so? So many goals. So much stuff to do. How will we get it all done? Grit and determination, my friends.
Here are my goals for next month:
- Get out of bed every day
- World domination
- Finish editing my book
- Prep for NaNoWriMo
- Finish my robot body
- Do the Turning Test on my Smartphone
- Go to Karaoke and sing off key to every song. Loudly.
- Start a cane fight with a stranger
- Protect my home from the zombies out and about on Oct. 31st
- Dress up as a zombie to fool all the other zombies
- Eat a lot of chocolate. A lot, a lot.
- Mow the snow off my lawn
Once I accomplish all those I’ll add in some more.
I have some specific book and writing related goals as well:
- Write a query letter
- White a synopsis
- Write a cover letter
- Re-do my blurbs
- Play around with cover ideas
- Keep editing
- Edit some more
- Re-write the whole book
- Then edit that
I actually am finishing up my book here. And I aim to see if I can get it traditionally published. So that does require the whole query, synopsis, and cover letter business that I have never really managed to do well. But practice makes perfect, eh? I have not tried traditional publishers in over a decade. All my rejection notes were ‘due to the economy’. Although most of them were quite nice. Anyway, due to the economy at the time, I chose to self-publish. But I am going to give traditional a go again. So I do want this work polished up. And that is the main game plan as it stands.